PROFESSOR ROBIN CALLENDER SMITH
• Visiting Professor on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), for Facebook/Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy’s 5-day seminar on online misinformation and disinformation, National University of Singapore, April 2018 (closed workshop convened for ASEAN ministers, senior civil servants, NGOs and Asian free speech bloggers)
• Keynote Panel Member on Fake News at Singapore Academy of Law’s TechLawFest 2018, 4–5 April 2018.
• Faculty research seminar at Singapore Management University’s School of Law on Celebrity Privacy, Data Protection and Intellectual Property Issues and the Media, 9 September 2016.
• Keynote judicial speaker, as an Information Rights Judge, on data protection and freedom of information appeals at Privacy Laws & Business 11th Annual 3-day Conference at St John’s College, Cambridge, 4 July 2016
• Gresham College Lecture at the Museum of London on Celebrities, the Media and the Personal Privacy Wars on 27 January 2016. Watch the lecture here.
• Council of Europe lead/Open Justice, led multinational expert team from Czech Republic, Estonia, Italy, Moldova and UK for Council of Europe reportpresented to Kazakhstan’s Supreme Court December 2015 on access, data protection, privacy and transparency measures required to secure open justice in Kazakhstan’s civil and criminal judicial decision-making.
• BBC1 TV Breakfast contributor, Paparazzi photographers and the Kensington Palace warnings about Prince George and Princess Charlotte, 15 August 2015.
• Keynote Speaker at Charles University's Faculty of Comparative Law, Prague, at a two-day colloquium between 18 – 19 June 2015 on the public law aspects of the abuse of privacy rights. The colloquium included the Faculty of European, International and Comparative Law at the University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
• Special lecture on Celebrity Privacy, the Media and the Internet on 18 June 2015 at Charles University, Prague. The lecture was organised by Všehrd, the Association of Czech Lawyers.
• UK judicial delegate to EU Judges' workshop on the Charter of Fundamental Rights in Helsinki, 11 - 12 June 2015
• Keynote Speaker, Data Privacy Breaches at Newcastle University Law School's 10th anniversary review of Naomi Campbell v MGN with Professor Tanya Aplin (King's College London), Professor Nicole Moreham (Victoria, NZ) and Hugh Tomlinson QC, 17 April 2015.
• Guest Contributor to Oxford Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism expert workshop on Google Spain, the Right to be Forgotten and its implication for the Media 28 March 2015.
Expert report or investigation?
As well as ADR services, we also offer assistance with preparing in-depth reports and conducting investigations.